Thursday, November 11, 2010

transliteracy

Introducing transliteracy

Above is a link to an article that really jumped out at me and something clicked and I had a light bulb on moment.
A tweetup is: meeting up to tweet- except this will be meeting up and  learning to tweet!
 TweetUp! Learn to use twitter for current awareness and FUN!
 City: 1-1:45pm Friday 23 April
Create Space
This is where it all started a number of us showed up to learn how to tweet.
I had been on Facebook for some time already but had not really thought that tweeting was worth while.
Boy was I wrong. On the day I think Mal said something like "its great because people share links that are really useful and I do not have to troll through lots information to find current information".
I now have 99 followers and I am following 138 different people and institutions.
This is what my Klout looks like.
Some of things which I have recently shared with others.
What the Brooklyn Museum are doing socially.
The article on transliteracy. Plus I have followed several conferences through #tags.
Some people think I am glued to a small iphone screen and its all a waste of time.
I still use Facebook but I still hate Farmville.
Another useful link from Bobbi Newman and Co. more information about transliteracy.
I like this slide show by Bobbi!

Some more scholarly publications for those we need a research fix.

http://www.uic.edu/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/viewArticle/2060/1908
This article is a lengthy in depth look at transliteracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment